COUNTIF/S Formula?

Options

Hi All!

Needing some help with the below query, the outcome is extremely straightforward but I feel my immaturity with SmartSheet is causing some blockers.

Question at hand: I currently require the formula COUNTIF/S to count multiple criteria within a row but I can only seem to get it to work for one.

For example I need to count “6”,”7”,“8”,"9" etc (all the way up to "20") in the same formula but I can only get it to work for one of the criteria at current like this =COUNTIF({Document Tracker Range 3}, "6")

My COUNTIFS have all been unparseable to date for example =COUNTIFS({Tracker Range 3},OR (@CELL="6", @CELL = "7") or =COUNTIFS({Tracker Range 3}[6]:[20])

Any/all help is very welcome, thank you in advance!

Tags:

Best Answer

• Nick Korna
    Nick Korna ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @LConnor,

The formula you would want here is:

COUNTIFS({Tracker Range 3},>=6,{Tracker Range 3},<=20)

This should count all values from 6 to 20 inclusive. If you don't want to count 6 or 20, then just remove the = sign(s) making the check into greater/less than instead of greater/less or equal to.

For numeric values in formulae you don't need the quotation marks - these can actually make your formula not perform correctly.

Hope this helps; if you've any questions etc. then just post! 😊

Answers

• Nick Korna
    Nick Korna ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @LConnor,

The formula you would want here is:

COUNTIFS({Tracker Range 3},>=6,{Tracker Range 3},<=20)

This should count all values from 6 to 20 inclusive. If you don't want to count 6 or 20, then just remove the = sign(s) making the check into greater/less than instead of greater/less or equal to.

For numeric values in formulae you don't need the quotation marks - these can actually make your formula not perform correctly.

Hope this helps; if you've any questions etc. then just post! 😊

• LConnor
    LConnor ✭✭
    Options

@Nick Korna - that worked perfectly! Thanks so much for taking the time to help ☺️

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!