INDEX/MATCH on Blank and No Matches

Hi all,

Working on using Index/Match to pull through a Single Select Dropdown (Y or N) if the corresponding PO exists. As standard, I'm using IFERROR to populate to ensure if there are errors it shows a more user friendly message.

=IFERROR(INDEX({QC sheet Range 1}, MATCH([Product PO#]@row, {QC sheet PO Number}, 0), "Task Not Complete"))

However, this gives an incorrect argument message. I'm guessing its because some of the rows on my source sheet for the dropdown column (QC Sheet Range 1) are blank and not Y or N.

With the additional issue if there is no PO to match.

I'm guessing I need to replace my IFERROR with an IF and NOT BLANK formula?

Thanks,

Jack

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Your syntax is off. The "Task Not Complete" portion is actually set in the column_number portion of the INDEX function, and you don't technically have an output established for the IFERROR. Take one of the closing parenthesis from the end and move it to before the comma prior to "Task Not Complete" to close out the INDEX function first.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Your syntax is off. The "Task Not Complete" portion is actually set in the column_number portion of the INDEX function, and you don't technically have an output established for the IFERROR. Take one of the closing parenthesis from the end and move it to before the comma prior to "Task Not Complete" to close out the INDEX function first.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com