Can I edit the way data is shown on an axis and limit the data being shown?

Hi,

I have a few questions about chart formatting in smartsheet. Chart is referenced below, and my questions are as follows:

• Is there a way I can reduce the number of dates shown on the horizontal access but still retain the granularity in the data set?
  • Is there a way to change the formatting of the date itself (e.g. Jan-04 vs. 01/04/23)?
  • Can I also change the view (i.e. I am most interested in looking at the data only from January forward?
  • For my actuals deliverables line, this will hopefully increase over time, but I only want to plot the actuals line until today so it doesn't have the long tail at a flat value...any ways to adjust that?

Answers

• Brucey
    Brucey Overachievers

hiya

1. Yes you can, you'll just need to create a summary table which contains the dates that you want. Using the data set you already have SUM the periods together if you need to.
    2. You can change the appearance of the date on the formatting tab. It's the last option with the calendar icon. If you change the data it should change the graph
    3. The widgets aren't so interactive. Again I would make a more specific table, which only shows data from Jan and create a new chart. You can select and de-select the data points in the 'legend' though
    4. For the actuals - just remove any data after the current date. You could also create a SUMIF formula that looks at todays date (and only show data so far in the future)

Hope that makes sense !