Help with my scenario

I'm brand new to Smartsheet and need some help solving my scenario.

Background: We service standby generators. We want to keep track of when we serviced a generator (or customer), what we did, when we did it. And be able to quickly look up those details but customer name.. I search on "Blow,Joe" and I get a list of all of the service calls we've made over time, what we did, who did it, etc.

I have two spreadsheets:

1 - All of the customer details, including the serial number of the generator, address, ets.

2 - The maintenance records, customer name, date, action, etc.

How can I build this view, where I enter a customer name, and I get the list of service calls for that customer? I could create a new filter on the maintenance records table, but that seems cumbersome. I'm looking for more like a form or report where I simply enter in a search field, find the customer name, and viola, all of the records apear.

Thanks for any help you might offer.

Our small company has been managing things with one spreadsheet (customer details) and the folks don't really want to learn anything new (like CRM) so smartsheet seems a good fit from that stand point.

Answers

• I don't know if this will help but, you can add attachments to individual lines to a sheet. So if you wanted to attach maintenance records to that line you can. You can attach several as well as write comments (automatically time stamped.) Located in the far left column.

So your set up would be a column for Customer name, Serial number, and address and then attach files and add comments.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Mark Boyd

I hope you're well and safe!

You could have a form that loads a report/dashboard after submission, which would be updated and show only what you selected.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.