Update request 'From' Email address

Hello,

I have a workflow set up tp automatically send update requests.

I was wondering is it possible to change the origin email that sends the request? Currently it says my name 'via smartsheet', since I own the sheet, however this makes it look like all requests come from me although not all projects on the sheet are mine.

Any insight on this would be great.

Thanks!

E

Answers

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@emily.quirk

Smartsheet Dev is working on it. "Phase 1" is in limited release for members of the early adopters program.

It's not perfect, but it's a step up from what is out there now. The options we have, depending on the type of workflow, are "from my organization" (as set in the org-level settings), "from the triggering user", "from the sheet owner", or "from Smartsheet Automation." The catch is that this just changes the displayed "From" name on the email; the "reply to" address remains that of the sheet owner.

Hoping that Phase 2 gives us the granularity to completely customize the displayed from names AND the reply-to addresses. That way, I could do things like "From: METUS Accounts Payable" with their department email address.

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

• emily.quirk
    emily.quirk ✭✭✭

Thanks Jeff,

Good to know. I will keep an eye out for the change.