Approval Automation workflows - continuing from where it was last declined?

Hi All,

I'm currently working on a sequential approval workflow automation and would like to know on the mechanics of continuing a workflow from where the last "Declined" stakeholder has "Approved" the request.

To be more specific, if the situation comes where the declining stakeholder is happy to continue with the approval (I.e. approved), do I have to make a Declined pathway? (it seems tedious to build this for all stakeholders, which is around 14+ people)

Or if the stakeholder updates the field relevant to their approval request from "Declined" to "Approved" outside of the request, does the automation continue from where it last left off from the main approval pathway?

Thanks to all responders in advance :)

Kind Regards,

Andrei

Tags:

Answers

• Hey @A.Veloso

1) You don't have to include anything in the "declined" pathway. If you don't add anything, then the only thing that will change is the Approval column will show Declined:

2) If you then manually changed that Declined status to Approved in the sheet, then yes, it would trigger your workflow from the "Approved" pathway onwards.

This is why it's important that if you have more than one approval workflow or pathway, you either use different column or different approval values so that you don't send out duplicate notifications! Here's more information: Approval workflow behavior

Cheers,

Genevieve