Sent as Attachment Reports with "Options" - will not change

Cheryl Hishmeh
Cheryl Hishmeh ✭✭✭
edited 03/29/23 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello: I have weekly reports that go out every week. We made an error when we put the message that is is the "Options" that shows a line under the heading. We put our incorrect phone number. We cannot go into the options and change the phone number. The incorrect info stays every time. We deleted the reoccurence, and recreated a new reoccurrence and the same incorrect message is showing up. Can you help with this? Cheryl

Answers

• Hi @Cheryl Hishmeh

Deleting the reoccurrence and creating a new one is exactly what I would have suggested! Is it possible that the Message wasn't updated in the second recurrence?

Would you be able to post a screen capture of the recurrence (like above) but block out sensitive data?

Thanks,

Genevieve

• We have tried everything. Deleting the entire message, and saying "OK" and then going in and creating the new message. The old message is still there.

• Hi @Cheryl Hishmeh

Is it possible that the first recurrence wasn't deleted? I see in the background that there are two line items in the history of what's sent.

I've tested fully deleting a recurrence, then creating anew one with a new note in the header of the PDF and it sent as expected with the additional information.

Another thing we could test is deleting the recurrence, then creating a copy of the entire Report with Save as New. Then deleting the old Report and setting up a new email from the new Report. Let me know if that helped!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Hello Genevieve: This is what happened to us. I have used the Save as New- and created about 10 new reports and all the reports have the same incorrect message. We think we need to delete the report and create a new report from scratch to get rid of the message, but that does not make sense? Thank you so much for helping me trouble shoot.

I have noticed that I can do a Save as New and put a message when there was not one previously. But if there is a note in Options - this message is not changing.

• Hi @Cheryl Hishmeh

What you're describing definitely isn't expected behaviour; the PDF header note should be editable every time you set up a new recurrence. Please capture a screen recording of this and send it to Smartsheet Support, along with the Report name & URL and all your testing steps (including browsers tested).

Thank you,

Genevieve

• Okay - seems as if - today the fix is working.

• I'm glad to hear that! 🙂

• Hello Genevieve: I rechecked and the message in options is still not changing. The phone number in the message is incorrect - it shows as 785-350-2838 it should be 785-350-2858

steps:

1. Open the report
    2. Select Send as Attachment
    3. Open Options - make change and press OK
    4. Re Open Options - looks okay.
    5. CLose the window
    6. Select Send as Attachment
    7. Open Options - error is back

Second Attempt

1. Open Report
    2. Select Send as Attachment
    3. Delete the Reoccurrence
    4. Check the options - change the phone number press OK
    5. Create new reoccurrence
    6. Check Options - looks okay
    7. Close window
    8. Select Send as Attachment
    9. Check Options and wrong phone number is there.

My video Capture is too big to add to this email.

• Hi @Cheryl Hishmeh

The Second option should be the correct one: recurrences are set with the original options, so you would need to fully delete a recurrence in order to change the information being sent.

Then after you've set up the new recurrence (and clicked "send"), if you refresh the page (or navigate away and then come back), the PDF options should clear out completely, allowing you to add fresh data each time you set a recurrence.

For example, I have data written in the box here:

After setting up the recurrence I've left the page and come back in. When I go to set a NEW recurrence, that box is completely empty:

If this isn't what you're seeing, please do contact Support with the video recording! Here's the link to the Support Portal where you can create your case.

Cheers,

Genevieve