Unable to choose workspace for blueprint to create tempaltes

Options

I have a blueprint in place that creates brand new workspaces for projects, and it all works well.

I want our PMs to submit a request to drop a different set of templates in a new folder created under an existing workspace.

The PM wants to be able to select the workspace of their choosing. So i created a separate blueprint, and chose 'Enable Users to select Workspace', the rest of the config screens looks all normal and i didn't do anything differently there compared to the previous regular blueprints i set up.

i ran a test, and CC is showing that it was created. But the user is not getting the option to select the workspace for the artefacts to be dropped in.

What did i miss? was there a screen or something i didn't enable???

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Nroukoz

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you share some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Nroukoz
    Nroukoz ✭✭
    Options

Hi Andre, i attached screenshots of the blueprint screens. also towards the bottom, there's a pic that shows the test i ran, i highlighted the project in yellow. i also included a screenshot of what it looks like if i click on 'Edit', after it says the project was successfully created. please note, my goal is that it doesn't create a new workspace, but rather give the option to choose an existing one so it adds an additional set of templates for the team to use... i'm not able to figure out where to go to make the selection after it's created.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Nroukoz

Do you have it set to provision in the background automatically?

Was that the issue?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Nroukoz
    Nroukoz ✭✭
    Options

that's correct, i had the automation turned on. someone just told me that it needs to be turned off to be able to manually create the project and select the workspace. i think my hiccup is resolved thank you!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Nroukoz

Excellent!

You're more than welcome!

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!