How do I share just a certain row of a confidential sheet to an external collaborator?

Dear All,

I have a sheet (a project plan) with confidental information that is supposed to be not shared with anybody except me as a project manager.

Now I would like to share from this sheet just a few certain rows to external collaborators (e.g. suppliers) where they can make entries.

But I can not figure out how I can manage that. First I tried to create a report and share it with this external collaborator. It failed, because the source sheet is not shared to them. Then I tried to share just certain rows by "Send", and again, ... I failed. Probably the same cause, lack of access to the protected (not shared sheet). By the way, I did this with my work account and I even went on as well to do this with a Free Trial Version and tried to invite some of my friends. Everything failed. Maybe somebody can give me good advice which would be greatly appreciated. Already my heartfelt thanks for any comment and support in advance!

Best regards

Hans ... from Germany

Best Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Porzel Hans

I hope you're well and safe!

Here are some options.

• Update Request
    • Premium app, Dynamic View
    • Premium app, WorkApps
    • Helper sheet with the information cell-linked or collected using cross-sheet formulas (can't be updated, so you'd need to add so-called helper columns for what changes they need to to be able to do), and it could also be combined with a Report.

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Porzel Hans
    Porzel Hans ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Dear Andrée Starå,

Wonderful, it works! I'm thrilled! I used "Update Request", that's the first opition you recommended.

THANK-YOU DEARLY!!!

Best regards & take care!

Hans ... from Deutschland

Answers