Have I crashed my system??????

In an effort to remove a cell link, I somehow managed to lock myself out of free text cells. I am able to use cells with drop downs or dates, but I cannot free text in any designated free text cell in any of my workspaces. When I start to type, there is a little blue dot in the upper left corner of the cell that I don't recall seeing before.

Does anyone know how I might undo this? I have submitted a ticket but no call back yet.

😫Tara

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    edited 04/06/23

Hi @tjernejcic

I haven't heard of this happening before; I'm glad to hear you've opened a ticket with Support. Please do keep following-up with them in a private channel where you can share additional details (such as your account address, the exact time this started happening, what sheet you were working in, etc).

In the meantime, I'd suggest attempting to access Smartsheet via a different browser. Then if that helped, then I would go through the checks in this Help Article to see if the issue could be related to a browser extension.

You could also try using the Smartsheet Desktop App, to see if this helps.

As a final note, I would also check to see if anyone else on your plan is experiencing the same issue or if it's isolated to just your log-in.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Thank you- Have not had resolution yet. Changing browsers does not improve the issue. However, I changed to a new computer, same browser and no issue! I can type an email, here in this chat, an excel sheet no issue. But when I go into Smartsheet, cannot free text.

• Hi @tjernejcic

Thanks for confirming! This is a unique issue and I would encourage you to continue to work with Support. I'm glad that in the meantime you can access Smartsheet from a different device.

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now