Reports and Source Sheets

Hi

I have a client that is wanting to have a report to pull from multiple sheets and share that on a Dashboard. This is done but I need to share the source sheets.

Issues are:

1. I am trying to no share the source sheet to users
  2. In the reports the Sheet name column is a hyper link to the source sheet, however I don't want users to have access to the source sheets and be able to edit it.
  3. If I don't share the source sheet the users can't see the data in the report.

Is there a way to show the sheet name column and not have it as a hyper link? or do I need to share all the source sheets and lock down all of my source sheets.

I have over 50 source sheets to lock down.

Hopefully this makes sense and there are some suggestions I can get to have this working.

Answers

• If you want them to be read only, you can do that. I have a dashboard that I share with customers, that is read only. They cant edit, change or modify the reports or underlying data in anyway but they can view the data. Just create the dashboard and add the reports, but when adding the reports to the dash, make it so that if you click on the report, it does nothing (thats an option in the setting.)

• Roshni Verappan
    Roshni Verappan ✭✭✭✭

Thanks so much Samuel however I cause the report is so large we have collapsed it on the dashbard and made it thtat users click on the report from the dashboard and can expand to see the data needed.

Which is why I am thinking the only way to do that is to share the source sheet which in turn shares the report data.

I am wanting to see how to I not share the sourse sheet.

Appreciate your feedback .

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Roshni Verappan

I hope you're well and safe!

You can publish the report, and then they won't need access to the sheet.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Roshni Verappan
    Roshni Verappan ✭✭✭✭

Hi Andree,

Thanks for the assistance, the review of the reports worked after I published.

Have a great week.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Roshni Verappan

Excellent!

Happy to help!

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.