Row Report, Count Distinct and Summary Formula?

I have a row report that I am building off of a sheet that includes the date, name, and time spent on a task. I am wanting to build a row report grouped by name, that summarizes the sum of the time spent on a task and the count of distinct dates.

The part that I am struggling with is counting the distinct dates, as I only see an option to count the total number.

For example, I want the summary to show Jack Black as having 6 distinct days instead of 15 individual dates.

I then want to create a column that divides the sum of the time spent on a task by the distinct count of days, so that I can see by name the calculation between the two summary values, but am not sure how to do that in a row report.

Help with either of these would be greatly appreciated!

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

To get the summary value, you would need to create a sub-grouping in the report.

You will not be able to perform additional calculations off of this data within the report though. You would need to create a separate sheet and use formulas with cross sheet references looking at the actual source data (not the report) to get that average.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

To get the summary value, you would need to create a sub-grouping in the report.

You will not be able to perform additional calculations off of this data within the report though. You would need to create a separate sheet and use formulas with cross sheet references looking at the actual source data (not the report) to get that average.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com