Combining Sheets

Dawn_ATX
Dawn_ATX ✭✭✭✭

Hello Community! Wondering if anyone out there has any best practices for combining a project plan and a resource plan into one sheet. Is this an option? Would that sheet then be able to have the same functionality and link certain cells / info back into Resource Management? Right now, they are two separate sheets, but our engagement team said that it would be useful to see if we could combine them. Interested to hear your thoughts / feedback. Thank you!

Answers

• BullandKhmer
    BullandKhmer ✭✭✭✭✭

My first thought is you might want to check and consider your sheet size limitations. Often sheets are split in two to manage limitations.

Assuming that is fine you could probably use a simple index match function to add the data from one sheet to another. You would need matching ID's in each sheet to make this work so you would need to consider how to do that.

Another option is to use a report, make sure to group ID & summarize the relevant fields, Your limited to 5 fields doing this though.

Cheers,

AJ

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Dawn_ATX

I hope you're well and safe!

I assume you're asking about the Legacy Resource Management feature.

Have you explored the new Resource Management by Smartsheet? Is that an option?

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.