Report Widget in Dashboard not behaving

I have a report widget in a dashboard that I have filtered by Current User and have set the Viewer Mode to "Their own perspective", but when I view the dashboard, that widget appears broken and a message says it can only be viewed in the Smartsheet App. Any idea why this is happening?

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

It is because you are viewing the published version of the dashboard. The published version ignores who is logged in which in turn means the report cannot know which rows to display. You will need to log into Smartsheet to view the actual dashboard to give the report the ability to know who is viewing it.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• haddadmazen
    haddadmazen ✭✭
    edited 04/13/23

Got it. Thank you. Very helpful.

Also for that user to see the report widget content, they will need access to the Dashboard, the report, and the sheet itself. Is that correct? So for people that get the link to the dashboard must be added to the access list all the way back to the sheet?

I want to share this dashboard with my entire organization, does this mean I have to grant access to all three (sheet, report, and dashboard) to every single person in my organization? Is there a better way to do this?