Reusing link on update requests

Options
azarb
azarb ✭✭
edited 02/15/24 in Smartsheet Basics

I have multiple rows being sent to the same user for an update request. All the update requests are linked to a single url. So the user went in and completed 3 of 10 rows, saved and then exited. The link does now not work because Smartsheet thinks the update has been completed, but there's still 7 of 10 that need to be updated.

Is there an automated way to work around this?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @azarb

I hope you're well and safe!

Here are some Workarounds.

• Add a Workflow that would trigger from each change and send out another update request. Add a so-called helper column with a checkbox the user uses to indicate that they are done with all the rows (so no more update requests are sent).
    • Premium App, Dynamic View.

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• BB2791
    BB2791 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Andrée Starå,

I was having issues sending out alerts with attachments so I switched from "creating an alert" to using the Update Request function. It would work great however, I need to send 4 attachments and I noticed that once I view one of the attachments and then I try to revisit the link in the email, it prompts me with the "the link has already been used" error. I'm not sure if there have been any updates to allow the link to be used more than once. If not, I'm interested in using your workaround to "add a Workflow that would trigger from each change and send out another update request." Can you explain that solution a bit more?