Is it possible to merge same resource names while building a leave planner in smartsheet?

Options
Vicky.Malhotra
edited 04/21/23 in Formulas and Functions

Hi - I have made a simple planned to record team leaves. Though the grid view gives great insight, the issue is that multiple entries by the same resource appears in different rows and grid.

Is there a way I could merge data from a single resource into the same row and hence same row in the grid as well?

Here's a screenshot showing the current sheet

Tags:

Answers

• Raghavendra Nayak
    Options

1) If the requests come from intake form data, they will be entered in a new row. 

2) If it is a manual sheet entry, we can mark it in Gantt directly by dragging the number of days or mark it on the Grid.

Both require a reporting option to display employee-specific data.

3) Card views can provide good insight per employee based on the amount of days / Slots. 

• Vicky.Malhotra
    Options

The input is coming from a form. I was thinking of merging all dates into another sheet where I could have the employee names prepopulated, so there’s only 1 row for each person. Is that possible?

• Raghavendra Nayak
    Options

You may have work around solution, but you have to add the Helper column in the source sheet for the specific name assigned a number which is unique and name define the number of columns for the each request using formula add a helper column with number of request received and then need to add formula IF([Name]@row = "Employee Name", add the reference to the column to update.

• Raghavendra Nayak
    Options

You may have work around solution, but you have to add the Helper column in the source sheet for the specific name assigned a number which is unique and name define the number of columns for the each request using formula add a helper column with number of request received and then need to add formula IF([Name]@row = "Employee Name", add the reference the column to update the of automation.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!