Limiting the number of people registering in a Smartsheets Form

Conchimc
Conchimc ✭✭
edited 05/09/23 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi, I have built a Form in smartsheets for an event.

One of the fields (parallel sessions) has a dropdown list where participants can select the session they would like to attend.

The problem is that I would like to limit the number of people that can select the options from the dropdown, so that whenever 25 people have selected one of the options, this one is no longer available for other people to select.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Conchimc

I hope you're well and safe!

• If you have access to the premium app or if it's an option to add to your account, it would be a perfect solution.
    • You could add an alert when the limit is reached, and then you can deactivate the form.
    • You could add the form and a sheet or report side by side in a dashboard showing the spots left.

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi Andrée,

Thank you for your reply.

At the moment, I have the enterprise plan, meaning I have the capacity to deactivate the form. However, the registering limitation would only be applicable to specific questions of the form, not the form itself.

Would it be possible that those specific questions deactivated themselves automatically once the people registered in them went over the specific number?

Do you know if that would still be doable?

Huge thank you for your time.

Best,

• Hi @Conchimc

There currently isn't a way to deactivate a form after a certain number of entries or remove a dropdown option. Please feel free to add your vote and voice to this Product Idea thread, here: Deactivate form after set # of entries/submissions OR by date

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now