Dashboard use at multiple sites with Metric and Chart Widgets

Options

Hello,

I have created a dashboard for a weekly meeting that is held at 14 different sites. If I am not mistaken, I can customize the report view widget using a filter and VIEW MODE set to “Their own perspective”, so no problem here – unless I’m wrong.

The issue I have is with the Metric Widgets and Chart Widget, how dose one handle that without making 14 dashboards with 14 metric sheets (or 14 data tables on one metric sheet)?

Thanks,

Silvano

Answers

• ShelbyWarren
    ShelbyWarren ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/24/23
    Options

@Silvano Meffe One way is to create a metrics sheet that contains each project site, and the various metrics they need to see. Then put their contact info on their respective project rows. Then create a report that filters the contact rows for "Current User" viewing, add that report to the Dashboard and you're good to go.

What I've done in the past is create a "Resource Schedule" sheet that has the "Project Name" and a column in that sheet named "Project Team" that is a multi-select contact column, or create a column for each project role (such as Superintendent, Supervisor, Foreman, etc.).

You can then use the index match formulas to pull the contact info for each project into your metric sheet/report, which is filtered for "current user" and then each individual user can only see the rows that contain their project/metrics.

I know that was a lot, feel free to reach out to me again on this if needed.

• Silvano Meffe
    Options

Thanks for your response, that makes sense to me, but that would still mean I cannot use the metric or chart widgets, as with those two widgets I need to pick and area on sheet to pull data from, unlike a report widget where you just point to report. Or am I missing something?