Finding a question

Hi all,

First question on this board and beginner user.

I created a question in a form asking for "Estimated Total" and accidentally assigned it a value of Auto Number instead of Text/Number. After I accidentally saved it a message popped up saying it was going to be assigned somewhere else in my form. I no longer see the question on my form but the column is in the sheet. I obviously want to delete the question but can not find it. How do I locate it to edit it's value or delete it?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Brian_ColumbiaSPS

I hope you're well and safe!

Not sure I follow!

Can you share some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi @Brian_ColumbiaSPS

Auto Number columns can't be put on a form as it's a System Column that is filled in automatically (and can't be updated by a collaborator).

This means you can simply delete the column from your sheet if it's not needed and it won't appear on the form. Either that, or you could change the column type back into Text/Number and add it back on to your form.

I hope that helps!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now