Automation to Track Out of range data values sending False Positives

Hi,

I am new to Smartsheet and recently created an automation for a data collection sheet to send an email when assessment scores met the conditions to be considered out of range/invalid. I had to create separate conditional paths for each grade level as the range of possible values changed across grades. If the values met any of the conditions I want it to send an alert email. It's been sending alert emails even when none of the specified conditions are met and I can't figure out what may be faulty with my automation. I attached a picture of my trigger and some of the conditions I specified. The second picture is the alert that should send out when any one of the conditions are met. Is there some logic I'm missing? I welcome any suggestions or advice to get this working properly. Thanks in advance!!

Answers

• Jason Albrecht
    Jason Albrecht ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jaylin.Nesbitt

This is an impressive number of conditions.

Personally, I would look at replicating these conditions in either helper columns or in another worksheet.

Not only would it help me identify what the 'false-positives' might be, but I'd also have data for reports and dashboards.

I'm sorry this is not the answer you're looking for, but I hope it helps nonetheless.

Hope this helps and that you have a great day,

Jason Albrecht MBA, MBus(AppFin), DipFinMgt

LinkedIn profile - Open to work