How can I get the sum of one column meeting two conditions

Options
AA_IT_2023
AA_IT_2023 ✭✭
edited 05/03/23 in Formulas and Functions

Trying to get multiple conditions and sum up total billable.

Where Manager = John Smith in one column and Invoice Date = January in another column

Getting the #UNPARSEABLE error

=SUMIFS(AND(Manager:Manager, "John Smith", Invoice Date:Invoice Date, MONTH(@cell) = 1), [Billable Total]:[Billable Total])

Best Answers

• ker9
    ker9 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/03/23 Answer ✓
    Options

@AA_IT_2023

Is this what you need?

=SUMIFS([Billable Total]:[Billable Total], Manager:Manager, "John Smith", [Invoice Date]:[Invoice Date], IFERROR(MONTH(@cell), 0) = 1)

• ker9
    ker9 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/03/23 Answer ✓
    Options

@AA_IT_2023 -

If your quarters are based on a standard calendar year and you can use a helper column to determine quarter:

Quarter including year:

=IF(MONTH([Invoice Date]@row) > 9, "Q4-" + YEAR([Invoice Date]@row), IF(MONTH([Invoice Date]@row) > 6, "Q3-"+ YEAR([Invoice Date]@row), IF(MONTH([Invoice Date]@row) > 3, "Q2-"+ YEAR([Invoice Date]@row), "Q1-"+ YEAR([Invoice Date]@row))))

Using the helper column containing the quarter (where QtrYr is the column name in my example)

=SUMIFS([Billable Total]:[Billable Total], Manager:Manager, "John Smith", QtrYr:QtrYr, "Q1-2023")

• ker9
    ker9 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Presuming your project column is named "Project" and the item you do not want is named "Not Me"

=SUMIFS([Billable Total]:[Billable Total], Manager:Manager, "John Smith", QtrYr:QtrYr, "Q1-2023", Project:Project, <>"Not Me")

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!