Attachments - Pop-up window

Hello,

We've been attaching files to our rows from a third party file service (egnyte) for multiple years. When we click the file or folder name in the attachments window, a pop-up window with the egnyte file folder would pop-up. As of a few days ago, now the file attachments opens in a new browser tab instead of the pop-up window. This is causing my team a lot of time and confusion as they end up with a bunch of open tabs in their browser. Was there an update or something that changed this functionality? We would really like to get the pop-up window functionality back and not force a new tab.

Thanks,

Spencer

Answers

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Prim Procurement

I noticed something within the last week that either I never noticed before or is new on our SmartSheets.

Whenever I open an attachment from a sheet, it opens it in a new browser window which it always did before. However, when it does that the sheet I opened it from has a blocked pop-up window notification like so:

If I change that browser setting to allow pop-ups on the site, I end up getting two separate new tabs opened up and it's opening the attachments twice.

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Prim Procurement

So maybe if you have your team block pop-ups from SmartSheet site, it'll only open once and it won't open multiple times?

• Thanks Mike. I used to actually get a medium-sized pop-up window that would open in front of the Smartsheet win the same tab. Now it opens the attachment or folder in a completely new tab. I believe Smartsheet must have removed the ability to have the pop-up window in front of the smartsheet.