New Dashboard - Others can't EDIT it? how come?

Hello,

I'm the admin. I created a new dashboard.

I have shared my workspace with other members (all having editor or admin rights), yet they can not EDIT the newly built dashboard? (They can't see the edit icon)

Goal

How can I allow other team members to EDIT a dashboard inside a workspace?

thanks

Answers

• Frank B.
    Frank B. ✭✭✭✭✭

If you've shared the workspace with other members and granted them editor or admin rights, they should be able to edit any content within the workspace, including dashboards. 

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to ensure that your team members have the appropriate permissions:

1. Double-check the dashboard permissions: Click on the three-dot menu icon in the top-right corner of the dashboard and select "Properties". In the "Sharing" tab, confirm that the appropriate team members have been granted "Can Edit" or "Can Administer" permissions for the dashboard.

2. Verify workspace permissions: Check the workspace permissions to confirm that the appropriate team members have been granted "Can Edit" or "Can Administer" permissions for the entire workspace. To do this, click on the workspace name in the top-left corner of the screen, select "Properties", and go to the "Sharing" tab.

3. Check individual user permissions: Make sure that the team members who are having trouble editing the dashboard have been granted the appropriate permissions at the individual user level. To do this, click on the user icon in the top-right corner of the screen, select "Admin Center", and go to the "Users" tab.

4. Check if the dashboard is locked: If the dashboard has been locked, other team members won't be able to edit it. To check if the dashboard is locked, click on the three-dot menu icon in the top-right corner of the dashboard and select "Properties". In the "General" tab, confirm that the "Locked" checkbox is not selected.

If you've confirmed that the appropriate permissions are in place and the dashboard is not locked, but team members are still unable to edit it, you can try having them sign out of Smartsheet and sign back in, or try using a different web browser. If the issue persists, you may want to contact Smartsheet support for further assistance.

HTH!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Alligator4480

I hope you're well and safe!

Which Smartsheet plan do you and the others have?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.