Real-time Update for Sheet Summary

APete
APete ✭✭
edited 05/09/23 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi, I have a sheet with months as columns. I have a formula to calculate monthly percent compliance when the numerator and denominator is entered into the sheet. For my sheet summary, I would like to see it update in real-time with the latest average percentage calculation, meaning it would show the average of percentage from December 2022 to current month with calculation. I am hoping to add this as a metric widget to a dashboard. Is this possible? What would be the formula that I need to enter into the sheet summary field? Thank you!

Answers

• Lucas Rayala
    Lucas Rayala ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@APete it's a little hard to picture what you're working towards -- can you provide a screenshot? Also, it sounds like you may be averaging percentages, which from a data integrity perspective can be a little dicey. I.e. if you have 50% compliance one month, with 1 of 2 cases flagged as compliant, and 100% compliance the next month, with 200 of 200 cases flagged as compliant, averaging your percent compliance would make it seem like you are only 75% compliant, i.e. (50% + 100%)/2=75%. However, the reality is you would have 201/202 cases compliant, which is over 99.5% compliant. Regardless, drop a screenshot so we can see what you are trying to calculate.