Linking Smartsheets

Options

Hi, first timer here... So I'm using Smartsheets to track issues that are identified on a particular system so that I can maintain a count of those issues using a single sheets. All well and good. Now, I need to (I'm thinking in a Separate sheet) track the MONTHLY issues. For example, April I tracked 10 issues, and in May I tracked 35 issues and so on. The hard part is that I have several platforms with several HUNDRED issues that I'm tracking - so I'm looking at collecting all of that data into a single sheet so I can report on it without having to spend hours in the data.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Tags:

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Bob Lang

I hope you're well and safe!

Do you have access to Data Shuttle that can be used to collect all the data together? Then, you could use a Report to show it in the way you need.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Bob Lang
    Options

Thanks Andrée Starå for your input but unfortunately, I don't have access to Data Shuttle.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Bob Lang

Happy to help!

Is it something you could add?

If not, you could add so-called helper sheets (one per source) and then use cross-sheet formulas to collect everything together in one Metrics sheet. (you'd have to add the data manually by copying/pasting or importing and then move the data to the correct sheet)

Would that work/help?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!