How best to filter by date when using reports & dashboard

I have a single source sheet that I have about 10 reports and a dashboard that feed off of this.

I have been tasked with making the reports/dashboard only show data entered within the last 30 days and last 90 days.

I am aware there is no dashboard widget to be able to select a certain date range.

I tried having saved filters on the source sheet in the hopes that the reports on the dashboard would update and only show the filtered data. The reports still show all the data regardless if filtered or not.

The report filters do not have the ability to save filters like the sheets do so this means they would have to be manually entered/deleted on each report every time a date range was requested.

Can someone please share a workaround?

Cheers😏

Answers

• Hollie Green
    Hollie Green ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have a sheet that I used formulas to create my reports that pulls in data using a Today and Weekday formula

=TODAY() - (WEEKDAY(TODAY() - 2))

All of my formulas for the data I want pulled in reference that cell. The cell automatically updates each day to the appropriate day.

I rarely use the actual "report" function in smartsheets as it doesn't provide what I need. I create a sheet with formulas for the data I want and use that as my data source on my dashboards.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @evanIHA

I hope you're well and safe!

You could add a form or a selector in a sheet or report and then submit the form or change the information in the sheet or report and save and reload the Dashboard showing the selected data.

I did this recently in a client solution where they selected a salesperson in a form included in the Dashboard and submitted it. The Dashboard reloads automatically, showing the correct data.

It's an advanced solution.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• sebastiani
    sebastiani ✭✭✭

Hey there,

Could you provide more detail on how you did this? I am trying to find a way to custome filter a dashboard to show the requested date range and/or a requested value from a dropdown column

Thanks!