Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Setup "default" tabs to open within Desktop App

Options

As a power user, I would like to have the ability to have a list of Smartsheet sheets to open as tabs each time I open the desktop app. Favorites are great, but having to manually open up these sheets is honestly a waste of time each day and having a default setup would be far superior.

18 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Brian R
    Brian R ✭✭
    Options

I agree with BBerry, with so many of the same sheets that I need open every day, it is a pain to open them every time I have to re-open the desktop app. If it would remember the tabs I had open previously, and/or let me set what sheets/tabs I want it to open by default, it would be great. This, along with my submitted idea to allow grouping of tabs, as is possible with the Chrome browser. Both of these working together would be fantastic. Thanks!

• dhall
    dhall ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I came looking for the feature of "pinning" tabs but this is exactly what I had in mind. I have three similarly named sheets I need to have open every day, and finding them in my favorites everyday is annoying.

It would be nice to know that the app would open with my designated number of tabs in the right order every morning.

• MaggieM
    MaggieM ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This would be an amazing feature. Most of the time I just leave the desktop app open so my tabs stay open, but sometimes I need to reboot and have to reload things.

• Samuel Mueller
    Samuel Mueller Overachievers
    Options

I love this, basically like you would normally "pin" a tab with any other browser. This would be a very helpful feature.