What Is The Best Way to Handle Attachments on a Sheet When Exporting to Excel or PDF

Options
Kleerfyre
Kleerfyre ✭✭✭✭✭✭

So I just had one of my teams ask me this question and the only thing I had for them is to put the row number in the Title of the attachment when they attach a file to a row in a sheet. That way, when they need to export a sheet for an audit, they can download all the attachments and send them with the sheet and the auditor will know that attachment A goes with row 12 because row 12 is part of the title of the attachment.

My question, is there a better way to do this so that the attachment retains some sort of identifier that it belongs to a specific row, or the sheet when it is exported, lists the titles of the attachments and what row they belong to?

Jonathan Sanders, CSM

"Change is always scary because it is unknown, but facing the unknown is what makes us stronger."

Tags:

Answers

• Ken Armstrong
    Ken Armstrong ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

During my audits for ISO9001-2015 I would generate reports with the attachments and send the link to the Auditor. Maybe try that. It also sparked a conversation with the auditor about how we run all our Quality management system in Smartsheet an gave us some kudos and new best practices.

Using Smartsheet for document control was a huge help with this as well.

Ken Armstrong

Smartsheet Operations Analyst, Carelon Medical Benefits Management

Certified Smartsheet Administrator

Be Firm! Be Fair! Be Friendly! Be Honest!!!

• Kleerfyre
    Kleerfyre ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Awesome! I will get with the team that asked the question and see if that will work for what they need. Thanks for sharing that!

Jonathan Sanders, CSM

"Change is always scary because it is unknown, but facing the unknown is what makes us stronger."