Document builder field returning letters instead of actual text/numbers/*. How can I change this?

Answers

• Kiela
    Kiela ✭✭✭✭

When you set up your document as an editable PDF (in adobe or Nitro or whatever one you used), did you check the document setting to that field?

• Sheila J
    Sheila J ✭✭✭

Yes I did. It is a text field with a barcode font which is perfect for what I need but it is returning letters instead of the actual number and symbols. I've tried every field setting in Adobe available. I need something in smartsheet that will recognize this "as is"

• Sheila J
    Sheila J ✭✭✭

I still need help with this. Smartsheet is trying to use an adobe product and not well. The PDF form is correct but smartsheet isn't reading it correctly.

I get an error if I tell it to return a value because I have to have *before and after the number. Can you provide a formula that will return exactly what I type in there?

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Sheila J

I haven't seen this before but I also haven't tested Document Builder specifically with a barcode field. If you're still having troubles and all of your settings are correct, please reach out to Smartsheet Support via the Support Portal and provide them with all of this information, including screen captures of the source sheet, screen captures of the filled out PDF, and a copy of your blank, fillable example PDF file.

Cheers,

Genevieve