can i define the order of automations running?

hello

can I define the order of automations running?

Answers

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Dezi

Many have asked this question. I've seen posts with contradictory reports. If the proper answer has been provided, I'm unable to isolate it amongst all of the varying answers.

One user claims the most recently saved automation will run first. Another user claims the opposite in that the most recently saved automation will run last.

I haven't been able to find anything from Smartsheet that specifies what the true order is, or if there's any way at all for a user to force any desired order.

My opinion is that this is a question for the Smartsheet team more than the community.

@Maxwell Griffith @Alison Clancy @Arsineh, Would it be possible to get some help finding out the answer to this?

• Colleen Patterson
    Colleen Patterson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Ray Lindstrom @Dezi

My experience does not match with the most recently created automation running first, and they seem to not have any order in the manner in which they run. Would also love to see some additional clarification here.

In order to get around this, and have some control over when things are triggered, I have modified my Run When criteria to be offset times, which created the sequential effect.

If my answer helped you, please be sure to mark it as Accepted to help future learners locate the information.