How do I make multiple forms (duplicated) stand on their own to populate the same sheet?

I duplicated a form three times, how can I make them stand on their own to populate the same form? Now when I make a change on one it duplicates that change to all three forms.

Tags:

Best Answer

• jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp
    jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Trisha Baumhover

I was able to reproduce your problem.

I made a copy of the form that contained logic, and when I changed the logic on the original form, the same logic on the copied form also changed to that content.

When I reverted the original form to how it was before the change, the change remained in the duplicate forms. I could remove the changes manually.

I could not go through all of the patterns of changes in each form, including original and duplicates, and test whether the changes affect each other, but the following is certain.

"Changes to the logic on the part of the duplicate form do not affect the logic of the original form or any other copied form."

Based on that, I created a form assuming that I had a choice of new or existing and that if existing, I would change the discount rate depending on the contractor, and if new, I would change the discount rate depending on the size (SML).

Adding the new logic on the duplicate form, as described above, without changing the first original form, did not cause any problems.

I suggest creating many duplicate forms and making the changes in the duplicate forms without making any changes to the original form.

Please take a look at the published example in the following URL.

Please take a look at the form image in Sheet Summary, as well.

Answers

• jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp

Hi @Trisha Baumhover

I could not reproduce the following.😅

"When I make a change on one, it duplicates that change to all three forms."

My duplicated & edited forms work independently.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Trisha Baumhover

I hope you're well and safe!

Strange!

Can you share some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Here's a screenshot of the forms....

• jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp
    Answer ✓

Hi @Trisha Baumhover

I was able to reproduce your problem.

I made a copy of the form that contained logic, and when I changed the logic on the original form, the same logic on the copied form also changed to that content.

When I reverted the original form to how it was before the change, the change remained in the duplicate forms. I could remove the changes manually.

I could not go through all of the patterns of changes in each form, including original and duplicates, and test whether the changes affect each other, but the following is certain.

"Changes to the logic on the part of the duplicate form do not affect the logic of the original form or any other copied form."

Based on that, I created a form assuming that I had a choice of new or existing and that if existing, I would change the discount rate depending on the contractor, and if new, I would change the discount rate depending on the size (SML).

Adding the new logic on the duplicate form, as described above, without changing the first original form, did not cause any problems.

I suggest creating many duplicate forms and making the changes in the duplicate forms without making any changes to the original form.

Please take a look at the published example in the following URL.

Please take a look at the form image in Sheet Summary, as well.

• I am experiencing the same issue where changing the dropdown options in any of the original or duplicated forms changes the dropdown options in all forms.

Do we know if Smartsheet worked to address this bug?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Daniel Zeigher

I hope you're well and safe!

If you change a Dropdown column, it will update where it's used in any of the forms in the sheet, which is intentional.

The other issue discussed above has to do with the conditional logic rules.

Make sense?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.