Problems with conditional formatting on my sheet when it's not listed as a condition

BethWork
BethWork ✭✭✭✭
edited 06/05/23 in Smartsheet Basics

I'm having the weirdest problem on one of my sheets. Below are the only conditions on my sheet, but adding a new task or row applies the pastel yellow to the row. In another cell it's applying a navy background. In the same column it bolds all the text and turns the font color white. None of these appear to be conditions in the conditional formatting. I even deleted one. I've deactivated these previously, too and the formatting still applies. Is there something else on a sheet that would do this?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/05/23

Hi @BethWork

I hope you're well and safe!

Try deactivating all the rules and then change all formatting to automatic. If that doesn't work, try to change it to white instead.

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

It almost sounds like some formatting had been applied to the sheet manually before the conditional formatting was applied. Even though it is not visible, it will still be stored on the back-end for each cell and Smartsheet's auto-fill feature (that can also pull formatting) is pulling it in. Try highlighting the entire sheet (click on first column header then shift+click on last column header) and click the button to remove formatting. If you do want to preserve some formatting such as left/right/center justification, percentages, currency, etc., then you can (after highlighting the entire sheet) change the cell fill color to white and the font color to black.

• rosegarretson
    rosegarretson ✭✭✭✭

I have followed the instructions above, and am still having inconsistencies - mostly from sheets that are Index / Matched into the main sheet.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks!