Trying to get a report filter to show what I need - any ideas?

jmhoward
jmhoward ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

I have a report that I am using to show all the Smartsheet rows that are about artificial intelligence. I have several filters set using the "contains" option.

As you can see, one of the items is AI. Unfortunately, this pulls everything that has AI, such as the word "contain." When I put AI in quotation marks, the filter only looks for literally "AI," including the quotation marks. Are there any other syntax options so that the filter only looks for the word AI?

Thanks!

Jackie

Tags:

Answers

• Eric Law
    Eric Law ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jmhoward Hello Jackie, can you use the "IS ONE OF" options instead? If not, I would recommend breaking AI into 2 separate contains, 1 with a space in front, and 1 with a space in back of the AI, but you may miss things with AI as the full sentence. If the IS ONE OF doesn't work, please post a screenshot of the sheet as well.

• jmhoward
    jmhoward ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the idea @Eric Law! Unfortunately, IS ONE OF wouldn't work because content is posted all day and I'm hoping to catch only the titles published that contain "AI" as a word. The same thing happens with RPA (for robotic process automation).

I tried the trick of adding a space before and after, but it still pulls in words that contain those letters. (I loved the idea, though, as that would usually work!)