Blueprint set up successful but with 1006 Error Message from missing fields

Options

Hello! I have successfully been able to set up a Blueprint with no error messages but as we build out more templates for our projects, I have made some adjustments to the intake sheet and the Metadata profile sheet. I started to get this error message below but it does not list the specific fields, rows, or columns that are causing the error. I have spent time going line by line, column by column double checking all the lessons learned throughout learning how to create a successful Blueprint with no errors but am not seeing any discrepancies between Intake columns or Metadata rows, or the properties on the columns or which target columns I have selected on the Customize Profile Data screen. I've double checked every advanced field on that screen and even ensured that all the columns and rows are in the same order no matter what sheet or screen I'm on.

Any thoughts on how i can go back to no more errors on my Blueprint?!

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• Kleerfyre
    Kleerfyre ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Did you change the name of any of your sheets? Please share a screenshot of your intake sheet and of your summary sections of your blueprints that are throwing these errors.

Jonathan Sanders, CSM

"Change is always scary because it is unknown, but facing the unknown is what makes us stronger."

• LMF
    LMF ✭✭
    Options

I haven't changed the name of the sheets I am using and through the Blueprint set up, I'm only setting it up to pull data in from the Intake sheet and put it out into the Metadata Profile sheet. (Then from the Metadata, I am linking all the different templates we are setting up, in the hopes that it could stay clean with the Blueprint set up). I have only adjusted the names of some columns and added new columns on the Intake sheet and have made sure (or so I thought) that all the Metadata Profile rows are matching character for character. I'm tempted to clear out the contents of the Metadata Profile sheet and start fresh since the error message doesn't tell me which fields are erroring out (I sure which it did!) I am trying to avoid doing that though since I've set up quite a few templates now that are linking to cells in the Metadata Profile template.

• Kleerfyre
    Kleerfyre ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So why are you having your Program going to a Metadata page. Then, from the Metadata page to the templates? You could just have it all go to each template and then if you wanted, it all go back into a Metadata page. From what I learned in the Blueprint class, you want things to go out to the templates then back into a summary sheet or sheets.

Jonathan Sanders, CSM

"Change is always scary because it is unknown, but facing the unknown is what makes us stronger."

• LMF
    LMF ✭✭
    Options

All our templates are works in progress at the moment as we switch things from Excel to Smartsheet and as we revamp some of our processes. I wanted a way to be able to set up the Blueprint with the templates I had already established knowing that the fields would match character for character (the Intake and the Metadata) and not have to worry about whether others are making any adjustments. All our information for a project that we will want to be consistent and updated once through all our projects can be entered into the intake sheet and then the metadata and just has to be changed in one location and will then flow to all the templates instead of not knowing which template to update for example a Contact assignment or a key date. After all the self teaching I've done the past few weeks and thinking through how we set up projects, in my head, I was thinking this would be the cleanest way to do it . . . but frankly I've just been winging it with trial and error. :)