How to alert a relevant contact

Sachiko Kagami
edited 06/08/23 in Smartsheet Basics

I work in Customer Service (CS) , and we receive and correspond customer requests in Smartsheet.

I set an automation, [Trigger: When rows ard added, Actions: Alert someone, Recipients: Contacts in 'CS'], with which I receive other than my own portion. I was wondering if there is a way to alert an assigned Contact of a row.

Answers

• Kleerfyre
    Kleerfyre ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You can set the automation to alert a contact in a cell. Below is a screenshot of the set up within an automation:

Hope this helps!

Jonathan Sanders, CSM

"Change is always scary because it is unknown, but facing the unknown is what makes us stronger."

• Thank you for your advice.

I think the current Automation is what you advised. (Please see the screenshot) There are 24 users listed in the CS Contacts, and I still receive irrelevant notices. I'd like to be notified only for the requests assigned to me.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Sachiko Kagami

For the alert you have set above, that's exactly what should happen: you will only receive the alert if your contact is in the cell in the CS column for that row.

If you're getting other alerts, is it possible there's a second workflow set up on the sheet, or that your contact is in that column?

• Hi Genevieve,

Thank you for your response. There are 15 Automations with the sheet and 11 of them are 'Alert'. Maybe there are conflicts. I'll look into it.

Thank you very much for your advise.