How can I update cell 1 with the information from cell 2 when cell 3 is "1"?

VLD
VLD ✭✭
edited 06/08/23 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi,

I want the selected cell in Column19 to pull through A, B, C, D, E or F if the search filed has a "1" in it. I have tried INDEX MATCH, nested IFS, but nothing seems to work. Closest I got was a 'No Match', but not sure why the corresponding letter was not pulling through.

This is all on the same sheet with columns either side of the fields I have pasted here.

Example:

Hope you can assist.

Thank you,

Best Answer

• Carson Penticuff
    Carson Penticuff ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

=IF([Column13] = "F", "Name 1", IF([Column8] = 1, "A", IF([Column9] = 1, "B", IF([Column10] = 1, "C", IF([Column11] = 1, "D", IF([Column12] = 1, "E", IF([Column13] = 1, "F", "")))))))

This will work as long as only one column contains "1". If you need to return multiple results, you will need a different approach. This should also be setup as a column formula and will retain the "Name 1" cell.

Answers

• Carson Penticuff
    Carson Penticuff ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

=IF([Column13] = "F", "Name 1", IF([Column8] = 1, "A", IF([Column9] = 1, "B", IF([Column10] = 1, "C", IF([Column11] = 1, "D", IF([Column12] = 1, "E", IF([Column13] = 1, "F", "")))))))

This will work as long as only one column contains "1". If you need to return multiple results, you will need a different approach. This should also be setup as a column formula and will retain the "Name 1" cell.

• VLD
    VLD ✭✭

AMAZING!!!

VIRTUAL HIGH FIVE!!!🖐️