Bridge Data Copy on checkbox = True help.

Options

Good morning all!

I've created a Bridge workflow that is supposed to be triggered off of a check box being checked (or flagged as true). This is running off of an expense form I've created.

When I fill out the Expense form, the data I want copied is copied regardless of the check box being flagged or not. Essentially, everything I enter on the form is then copied over to the sheet I set up to receive flagged data.

My bridge trigger is set up to trigger on event type: When Column Values are Changed and pointed at the correct column.

Although none of the expenses above were flagged, they were all migrated to the destination sheet.

Is it possible that to set the trigger to react explicitly to a "true" flag?

Could this be happening because the check boxes for the column do not appear in the column until after I submit the form, therefore being seen as a value change from no value to a "false" value?

any input/suggestions/guidance is greatly appreciated!

tyty!

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Coen

Your guess is exactly right! Since the checkboxes don't appear until there's content in the row, Bridge is likely reading the "false" value as a change and triggering the workflow. The trigger is looking for any change, which could also include colour formatting in the cell.

What I would personally do here is add a Get Row module as the very first step of the workflow to get the row that triggered the workflow, using the Runtime Event to reference it:

Then I'd add a Match junction to see if the value in the checkbox column is "True" or "False", simply stopping the Bridge flow if the box is false.

Then you can have the rest of your workflow follow on after the "true" side of the Match junction. There may be another way to do this, but this is what I would do!

I hope it helps,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Coen

Your guess is exactly right! Since the checkboxes don't appear until there's content in the row, Bridge is likely reading the "false" value as a change and triggering the workflow. The trigger is looking for any change, which could also include colour formatting in the cell.

What I would personally do here is add a Get Row module as the very first step of the workflow to get the row that triggered the workflow, using the Runtime Event to reference it:

Then I'd add a Match junction to see if the value in the checkbox column is "True" or "False", simply stopping the Bridge flow if the box is false.

Then you can have the rest of your workflow follow on after the "true" side of the Match junction. There may be another way to do this, but this is what I would do!

I hope it helps,

Genevieve

• Coen
    Coen ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Good morning Genevieve!

Thank you for the response! I've built out the workflow as detailed above. I'm currently working through my sheets to make sure everything is aligned.

I'm getting an error on the Add Row: Failed to execute extension module: Failed to parse module params: The column was not found.

The good news is that I am only getting this error with a check box checked. otherwise the work flow is passing through the "State: Any Other State" module. So, progress!

Thanks again!

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @Coen

Can you clarify where you have an Add Row Module, is this after the junction on the left (the "true" side)? Would you be able to post a screen capture of the module open with the parameters showing (but please block out sensitive data).

Thanks,

Genevieve

• Coen
    Coen ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Genevieve!

I had deleted the content of my Add Row module last night before leaving work. My intent was to start with fresh eyes on the module.

Inorder to get you a screen grab I needed to populate the module and when I did it worked! I'm still going to offer the requested information in the event this helps someone else.

Here is the module:

Thanks again for your help!!

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Awesome! I'm glad it worked for you 🙂