Dynamic Contact from another sheet

Is it possible to update all sheets in a given workspace with an updated dropdown contact list from another sheet.

Say we have one sheet that lists sub contractors.

And we have all of our construction schedules in a workspace. (each construction schedule is its own sheet) We now have a new subcontractor to pick from or we remove a sub contractor. So in the construction schedule there is a column called sub contractor. It is a contact list.

So now we have a new subcontractor that can be picked from. We need the sub contractor list in all the construction schedules to update have the new contact updated list. We need to process to be automatic once it is set up. So when a new subcontractor is added to the master list sheet, it updates all current construction schedules in workspace with column called subcontractor.

Is this possible.?

Thanks

Answers

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jon Barto

It is possible but not without some kind of add-on. A google search will bring up things like Bridge by Smartsheet, Zapier, and DDupdate. All are great tools and depending on your budget and in-house skill set, one may be better than the other. We've used DDupdate with great success.

I hope that point you in the right direction.

Matt

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jon Barto

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Matt's excellent advice/answer.

• I developed a solution for a client a while back where the Dropdown lists are kept updated from a so-called master sheet using the premium app Data Shuttle.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.