Breaking through the brick wall of Smartsheet Tech support

Have a relatively simple issue with form automation not working as designed. I have used smartsheet for a long time building forms and setting automation.

Any consultants that can assist where Tech support lack of interest has me wanting to change software.

Answers

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Oh Canada

I'd be happy to take a look. Can you provide anymore information?

Thanks,

Matt

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner

• Hi Matt, I grabbed previous community conversation dating back to May 17th where I was already trying to get hold of tech support. I keep getting the same answer from community members and tech support (when they respond) however I am doing exactly as suggested with no success. FYI their suggestions are what I have done many many times on other sheets/forms. What is needed is someone on line so they can actually see what is happening/not happening. Thanks

I submitted to tech support 5 days ago when discovered this and still can't get answers.

I have built many many forms in the past however the logic is now not working. I dumped the form and started fresh however still has same issue.

Logic is that when customer name is blank only Lot-Unit-Development should show however as you can see below everything is showing...Gets better, when I change it to "Not Blank" then Lot-Unit-Development are not shown however all other items are.

Any thoughts on how I can get tech support to look into this...will not respond to emails, there is no phone number, Account managers will not answer their phones. Is there a SmartSheet or is it all AI??? User since 2007 so fan however this is frustrating!

• ker9
    ker9 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Oh Canada

Perhaps I'm confused but in your second screen shot, customer name is blank and the fields you want to show if that is the case are visible.

Is your 2nd screenshot the Form Setup screen or the live Form entry screen?

If you enter a customer name in the form entry screen, do those fields then disappear? This seems to be what you want and what should happen.