Suppress Parent Row info viewing in Update request?

Users (in a child row) that roll-up are able to see private information (in the parent row) when selecting "Send copy of my response" in update request web form. Is there a way to either limit that view or disable the option for users to "send copy of my response" when completing the automated update request?

When users submit their response to an update request, I don't want them to see anything else but their row information. This is a huge privacy issue for me.

Tags:

Answers

• jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp
    jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you, @raymond.j.riosiii94806

I found such problems in the update requests when I saw your question.

If the recipient of the update request chooses to receive a copy on the form, if the update also updates the parent row with the rollup feature, the copy will include the parent row.

There are two options if you do not want the recipient to see the privacy-sensitive information in the parent row.

1. If you can accomplish the purpose of the update without including the columns with privacy-sensitive information in the update request, remove those columns in the request settings.

2. If you cannot remove the columns with privacy-sensitive information, for example, if you need to update Last Name, First Name, etc., then do not put the privacy-sensitive information in that column in the parent row. Though somewhat inconvenient, as shown in the image below, you can place a row immediately above the parent row with no parent-child relationship and put the privacy-related information of the parent row in that row.

As you pointed out, Smartsheet should allow users to choose whether or not to receive a copy of the response, just like in a form.😀