Drop down on dashboard pull all matching rows

Eitan
Eitan ✭✭
edited 06/12/23 in Formulas and Functions

I am trying to build a dashboard that will allow someone to enter a Asset# and it will pull all rows from a sheet that match that Asset#. The Primary Column is a Inspection number that contains the asset# and date. There is a separate column that is the Asset#. It would be even better if it would show it from youngest to oldest.

Answers

• parulmishra
    parulmishra ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/12/23

You can try using a form and report on the Dashboard

The form will take the request Assest# number and store it in a sheet having an autonumber column and asset# column

Then you have to go to your main sheet and make a "new HELPER column" which would check

IF the Asset# in this sheet is same as the Asset# at the Max number(latest request) in the Form sheet ---> 1

if its not a match then ---->0

Then setup the report on the dashboard with the filter "new helper column = 1" and sort it as required.

Limitation

Every time the form is submitted then you have to refresh the dashboard to get the latest updated report.

Do let me know if something is not clear.. and also when the solution works?

Parul Mishra

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Eitan

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Parul's excellent advice/answer.

You can also select that the Dashboard should reload automatically after submitting the form.

In the form settings, you can select what should happen.

Another option could be to show a part of a sheet or report, make the selection there, and save, but then you have to reload manually or wait until the Dashboard reloads automatically.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Eitan
    Eitan ✭✭

How do you build the part of the formula that pulls the "Asset# at the Max number(latest request)" while including the cross sheet reference?

• Eitan
    Eitan ✭✭

@parulmishra

How How do you build the part of the formula that pulls the "Asset# at the Max number(latest request)" while including the cross sheet reference?

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!