Making someone owner of workspace

Hi everyone.

We have done a project for the customer and made him owner of the workspace and he has accepted the ownership. After that the customer is owner of the workspace but the assets within the workspace like some sheets are still showing my name as owner. They were already th part of workspace so why it is showing my name.

Please suggest what should be done in this case.

Thanks.

Answers

• Darren Mullen
    Darren Mullen ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/13/23

@Kamya Pamnani Did you add assets after you transferred ownership (assuming you first selected to also transfer ownership of all the items along with the workspace)?

Regardless, you have 2 options.

1. Have them transfer ownership back to you, then you'll transfer ownership back to them and choose to transfer ownership of all the items as well
    2. Transfer ownership of the individual items
  • Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Kamya Pamnani

I hope you're well and safe!

You should get two options when you transfer the ownership of the Workspace, and one is that you'd also transfer ownership of all other assets in the Workspace.

You can either transfer each asset separately or ask the new owner to add all assets to a folder and then drag that folder out to their personal area and back to the Workspace.

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.