Document Builder: PDF

Options

After uploading a PDF with fillable fields to create a mapping, I drag the Smartsheet column fields into the appropriate PDF fields. When I go to preview or actually run the workflow, I see duplicate values placed on top of each other. The same entry is placed on top of each other (2x) and it comes out fuzzy. Has anyone else gotten that before?

Answers

• Cathy Betzer
    Cathy Betzer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, I've seen this same problem. Also, I understand that the merged fields on the PDF have to be formatted a specific way so that the space on the document grows to fit the data but I'm not sure how to do that. I'll be watching this thread. Thank you for asking it.

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @Arun Nallainathan & @Cathy Betzer

Document Builder should only map one field to one field and should not have duplication in that same field.

The first thing I would do to troubleshoot is to check the Field settings in the PDF itself. If that hasn't helped, please contact Support with screen captures and a copy of your current fillable PDF file so they can work on this with you through a private channel.

Thanks,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Cathy Betzer
    Cathy Betzer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you @Genevieve P. I've reached out to both groups and my CSM. I'll respond to this thread with what I learn to help the group. Thanks