Document builder for HR employment letters - Need help

Options

In looking at Smartsheet community postings and Smartsheet instructions for Document Builder - it appears that people are using it for one-page forms rather than letters. Has anyone used it for multipage employment letters? We have a 4-page letter we would like to use this process with but when I've tested it the fields do not adjust to the size of the merged field. Does anyone have tips they can offer?

Thank you,

Cathy

Answers

• Neil Watson
    Neil Watson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Cathy Betzer I have used document builder several times and would be happy to assist.

Since document builder basically fills in form fields in a pdf document, the field settings need some tweaking depending on what you are trying to achieve.

Let me know.

• Cathy Betzer
    Cathy Betzer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you Neil Watson. How do I tweak the fields so that they expand to the size of the data in the field?

• JLen
    JLen ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have the same question as Cathy!

• Cathy Betzer
    Cathy Betzer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Follow up for those commenting, I worked with the Smartsheet Pro Desk to consult on this issue.

What we discovered is that Document Builder really works well for Invoice type letters - where the data is placed in a table, not in paragraph form. The app does not work for human resource, business letters like Microsoft Mail Merge - the Document Builder does not produce professional looking letters that are not table oriented.

The representative was going to submit this need to the Smartsheet development team for future roll out. Thanks all for your help. I look forward to a future fix.