Improved Management Tools for Free Accounts

We have recently acquired an Enterprise Smartsheet plan for our organization. While the plan works fine for managing paid account holders, we have found that despite having identified the domains associated with our account, the ability to identify and manage free account holders using our domain is inconsistent at best. Also, it is frustrating that simple things like people lookups are only tied to paid accounts rather than all accounts at the org. I feel an Enterprise plan should allow us to manage all users at our org rather than just paid ones. Are there any plans to improve the management tools relating to free accounts?

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

What exactly are you wanting to accomplish? System Admins can manage all users, licensed users, and unlicensed users.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Hi Paul,

Thanks for the response. The dashboard you are showing is great, except we found that a number of our free account holders were not showing up in it. This may be an artifact from the transition to our Enterprise plan - I expect over time as new accounts are created via auto-provisioning we'll have a better accounting of free accounts. My info is from a couple months ago. I'll have to check on whether things have improved.

The other item is about unpaid account holders showing in the people picker drop-downs. Yes, one can add the names manually (or via a bulk upload) and get them, but it seems everyone on our plan (not just paid account holders) should show up.