Hyperlinks Don't Work in Portfolio WorkApps?

Options

Is it just me, or do hyperlinks not work if you are in a Portfolio WorkApp? Referring to hyperlinks where you are linking to another Smartsheet sheet or report, etc..

Best Answer

• Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers
    Answer ✓
    Options

Aaaah, ok I'm with you now. And this is very interesting. I'm seeing issues too.

After doing a bunch of testing it appears that the issue is hyperlinks created to Smartsheet Content. Those disappear when viewing in Workapps. However, hyperlinks created to URLs work fine in Workapps.

It's all Workapps, not just Portfolio Workapps, that have this issue. I never noticed it before!

Sucks - we use the Smartsheet Content hyperlinks all the time with Control Center, CC will change them to point to the correct new copies of templates. However CC will not change URL hyperlinks.

First screen is a sheet of hyperlinks viewed directly in Smartsheet. Second screen is the same sheet viewed in a Workapp.

• The Instructions is a URL link to a Google Site.
    • The Workapp Link is a cell-linked hyperlink, brought in from a sheet of profile data, where the profile data has a URL hyperlink pointing to the project's workapp.
    • The EIT Status Rules is a URL link to a published sheet.

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN

Answers