Why can't my team see the shared calendar in the Calendar App?

Options

I created the source sheet and all team members have Editor-can share permissions, however when I created the Calendar in the Calendar App they are not able to see it. My understanding was that if they are shared to the source sheet with Editor permissions that I would not have to select the Sharing: On, however that is the only way they are see the calendar. Am I missing a component in the source sheet?

Thank you for your assistance

Merit

Tags:

Best Answer

• Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers
    Answer ✓
    Options

You have to turn sharing on for someone to be able to view the calendar at all. You can opt to share to domains or publish a link…I use publish for easier sharing. You can also embed the shared calendars in dashboards as web content, which is handy. If you share to domains then people will see a login button, which is sometimes not ideal especially for dashboards. Publishing though will not present a login button…but also will not allow people to edit.

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN

Answers

• Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers
    Answer ✓
    Options

You have to turn sharing on for someone to be able to view the calendar at all. You can opt to share to domains or publish a link…I use publish for easier sharing. You can also embed the shared calendars in dashboards as web content, which is handy. If you share to domains then people will see a login button, which is sometimes not ideal especially for dashboards. Publishing though will not present a login button…but also will not allow people to edit.

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN