Colour-coded labels on a Kanban

Options

Hello community!

We're in the process of moving our Kanbans from Trello to SmartSheet (which is new to all of the team).

From this article I understand it's possible to use colour-coded labels on a SmartSheet Kanban; however, I'm unable to find this feature nor any documentation on how it works.

If anyone can help that would be appreciated :)

Thanks

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @GMD

I hope you're well and safe!

Welcome to the Community and the wonderful world of Smartsheet!

You can color code the cards manually or with the conditional formatting feature.

Change the Color Bar for a Card

There are two options for changing the color that appears on the outer edge of a card: you can change the color manually or you can change it automatically with a conditional formatting rule.

To change the color manually:

1. Right-click the edge of the card.
    2. Select a color.

If you have Admin- or Owner-level sharing permissions to the sheet, you can change the color via conditional formatting by clicking the Conditional Formatting icon in the toolbar and creating a rule.

For more information about conditional formatting, see the Conditional Formatting article.

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• GMD
    GMD ✭✭
    Options

Hi Andrée,

Thank you for your quick response. Much appreciated!

I've experimented with the colour-coded bars on the cards but this is not quite the functionality I am looking for.

In Trello it's possible to create one or more Labels that comprise a description and a colour. These labels can then be attached to one cards on the Kanban. This is actually described in a SmartSheet article here!

The SmartSheet cards have colours but there is no description attached, therefore the colour does not easily convey a meaning.

Hope that makes sense?

G