Data Mesh Run Immediately

Options
Pamela Wagner
Pamela Wagner ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 06/28/23 in Add Ons and Integrations

I saw a post from 2019 stating that the Run Immediately wasn't working and someone responded that there were issues. Was this resolved? I see the original question is from 2019 but when I tried using "Immediately" today it doesn't seem to run either. I was hoping to use "Immediately" as a run time since the person who owns the intake sheet doesn't have a license and I wanted to ensure that data running between the two sheets did not need to be prompted by someone with a license (with my license, I created the Data Mesh config but the person benefiting from it does not have a license).

Best Answer

• Adriane Price
    Adriane Price ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Pamela Wagner - Hello

The column mapping you setup in the DataMesh configuration is used to determine what information needs to link or copy and where it needs to go. The Execution Frequency is what tells the system when to run the DataMesh workflow.

Execution Frequency: Scheduled execution frequency to update DataMesh values.

The Update Immediately execution frequency isn't supported when using a report as your source. If using a report this could be why you are not seeing updates immediately.

As far as what triggers a workflow to run when "Update Immediately" is selected, DataMesh looks for matching cell values and these could come from manual entries, formulas, or cell links. When there is a successful mesh you can see the CONFIG LOGS by clicking the paper icon.

After clicking the paper icon a CONFIG LOGS window will pop up showing a history of all the successful and errors.

If it is unsuccessful the paper icon will be red or in the CONFIG LOGS it will show the error.

If further investigation is needed I recommend to click here to open a Smartsheet support ticket. If you do make sure you include any screenshots without personal or confidential information displayed.

Adriane

Answers

• Adriane Price
    Adriane Price ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Pamela Wagner - Hello

The column mapping you setup in the DataMesh configuration is used to determine what information needs to link or copy and where it needs to go. The Execution Frequency is what tells the system when to run the DataMesh workflow.

Execution Frequency: Scheduled execution frequency to update DataMesh values.

The Update Immediately execution frequency isn't supported when using a report as your source. If using a report this could be why you are not seeing updates immediately.

As far as what triggers a workflow to run when "Update Immediately" is selected, DataMesh looks for matching cell values and these could come from manual entries, formulas, or cell links. When there is a successful mesh you can see the CONFIG LOGS by clicking the paper icon.

After clicking the paper icon a CONFIG LOGS window will pop up showing a history of all the successful and errors.

If it is unsuccessful the paper icon will be red or in the CONFIG LOGS it will show the error.

If further investigation is needed I recommend to click here to open a Smartsheet support ticket. If you do make sure you include any screenshots without personal or confidential information displayed.

Adriane

• Pamela Wagner
    Pamela Wagner ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sigh. It was me. I forgot that in order for this to work my main cell has to be populated with the agents name in BOTH sheets. Sorry for silliness!

• Adriane Price
    Adriane Price ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Pamela Wagner - please do not be sorry it happens to the best of us. I do not know how many times I have overlooked items. Have a wonderful day!

Adriane