Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Create groups of widgets on dashboards

It would be very helpful for us if we could create "groups" of widgets on dashboards, and allow actions to be taken on a group. I'm thinking this would be similar to how grouping works in the microsoft projects. First you select all the widgets you want in the group, then you select an option to group them.

Our primary use would be in moving the widgets. We find we are frequently rearranging our dashboards either for different audiences or to accommodate longer textboxs or new widgets, or deleted widgets. Having to manually select all the widgets we want to move each time is inefficient.

This could potentially enable other group actions, like changing fonts, or adding background colors, etc.

We would also want the ability to ungroup widgets and to create nested groups.

Tags:
10 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Galexa0711
    Galexa0711 ✭✭✭

I agree, having the ability to have widgets right next to each other, not separated by a space and grouping them in a border would be very helpful on the dashboard and visually appealing to viewers. We use dashboards as a replacement for presentations and being able to group widgets would look more like a page in a presentation. Thanks!!

Gina Alexander

Business Analyst Consultant, Client Delivery Assurance | Optum Insight Provider Market

gina.alexander1@optum360.com

• Tim Starkey
    Tim Starkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Just came here to post this very idea and found this. Trying to do exactly what @Galexa0711 mentioned... shared borders so I can take something like this:

and make it look like this

Note... it would also be helpful to allow text larger than 36 pnt on the dashboard.